Victoria Park, Swinton is where it’s been at this week, some awesome Air Bag bike action, all types of cycle repairs and lots of bike theft prevention measures rolled out – we even had a little sunshine.
For the past two days we have had the Dirt Factory Air Bag set-up in Salford, the two day event was delivered in partnership with Salford City Council and Greater Manchester Police. The objectives of the project were to help reduce bike crime and anti-social-behaviour (ASB) in Salford and engage 10-16 year olds through positive physical activities. The event produced the following key outcomes;
- 138 people took part in the Air Bag activity, predominately 10-16 year olds
- Over 150 bike locks were issued including 60 bikes tagged via immobilise.com
- On average each participate spent 1 hour riding a bike
- Learning fundamental bike skills and inspiring the next generation
- Positive engagement and sense of respect between 10-16 ages and GMP
- Social inclusion between a mixture of age groups 3-9, 10-16 and 16+
- Over 30 bikes were repaired and brought back into safe use.
Whether you took part or were one of the many spectators cheering from the side-lines, we hope everyone had a great time and found the event useful. From our perspective it was fantastic to a good mixture of age, abilities and gender attend the event and make use of the activities.
Hopefully we have inspired a lot more people to ride their bikes more often and made peoples bikes more secure. Don’t forget to use your D-Locks and please remember to register your property over at immobilise.com
Hope you enjoyed the video. Where would you like to see us next? Please comment below or on the YouTube video.
See you next time.